Intermediate Black Jack Strategy
The intermediate blackjack Strategy is for those players who had already mastered the Basic Black Jack Strategy and are in a mood to advance their skills and knowledge by practicing a more flexible strategy. This strategy known as Intermediate Black Jack Strategy covers the most complicated situations in the game. The intermediate black jack strategy covers the splitting pairs and soft hands to offer the player the maximum flexibility when playing the black jack. The intermediate strategy involves the management and proposes how and why a player is expected to act. The player while implementing this strategy may raise his or her bet if in a winning position until the player realizes that the losing streak is coming. Below is the Intermediate Black Jack Strategy in case of Soft Hand and Splitting Pairs:
Soft Hand can be defined as any hand with an Ace that is counted either 1 or 11 without busting. In most of the black jack games, the dealer is required to stand on Soft 17. However in some games the dealer may be allowed to hit on Soft 17. A few tips will help in dealing with the soft hands for the player but like basic strategy the player needs to take note of the dealer’s up card.
• If the player has dealt A2 or A3 then it is better to double down if the dealer up card is 5 or 6.
• In case the player has A4 OR A5 then double down if the dealer has a 4, 5, 6 and if the dealer has any other number then the player can hit.
• If the player is having A6 OR A7 then double down if the dealer has 3, 4, 5 or 6. In case the dealer card is anything else then the player can hit.
• In case the Player has A8 OR A9 it is better to stand as this hand can prove golden.
• In case the player cannot double down then it is better for the player to always hit until his or her soft hand becomes a hard hand.
A player is allowed to split hands according to the Black Jack rules if the player is primarily dealt with two cards of equal value. The players winning chances would increase in case of Splitting Pairs. In some case it is recommended to retain the cards instead of splitting. The splitting pairs also depend upon the game rules of Black Jack. The following below mentioned splitting strategy can be used by the player:
• If the player’s initial hand consists of two cards of equal value and the player is provide with an additional option of splitting the hand in two and then play them separately.
• If the player’s hand consists of a pair of Aces or 8’s then always split.
• In case it consists of a pair of 2’s or 3’s – split if the dealer’s face up card is 2-7 otherwise- hit.
• In case the player’s hand consists of a pair of 4’s – Split if the dealer’s face up value is 5 OR 6; else –Hit.
• In case the player’s hand consists of a pair of 5’s – double is recommended if the dealer’s face up card is 2-9; else hit.
• If the player’s hand consists of a pair of 6’s – Split if the dealer’s face up card is 2-6; else hit.
• In case the player’s consists of a pair of 7’s – Split if the dealer’s face up card is 2-7; else hit.
• If the hand of the player consists of a pair of 9’s – Split if the dealer’s face up card is 2-6 and 8 or 9, stand if the dealer has 7,10 or Ace.
• If the player’s hand always consists of a pair of 10’s it is better to stand.
The above mentioned strategy for soft hand and splitting pairs will help the player in winning the black jack game.